- Squigle Enamel Saver Toothpaste 4 oz
Squigle Enamel Saver Toothpaste 4 oz
Squigle Toothpaste helps avoid
- Bad Breath (simple halitosis)
- canker sores (mouth ulcers)
- gum disease (clinically proven to help bleeding gums, periodontal disease)
- cavities (Xylitol boosts fluoride)
- plaque, tartar (Xylitol fights plaque)
- surface stain
- perioral dermatitis
- chapped lips
- No unpleasant toothpaste taste
- Soothes and protects dry mouths
Mild peppermint flavor.
Squigle Enamel Saver Toothpaste is Irritant-Free.
Enamel Saver does NOT contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and other irritating ingredients. Squigle Toothpaste was designed to be your Mouth Friend.
It's free of harsh abrasives, stinging flavors, irritating tartar control agents and bleaches, and of course it's free of SLS and other irritating detergents. Research has linked SLS directly to outbreaks of canker sores.
Why Squigle® is the Best Toothpaste for Canker Sore Sufferers:
- It's free of SLS and other irritating ingredients. For a more complete list of irritating ingredients to avoid, see Protect your Mouth: Avoid Harsh Toothpaste Ingredients.
- It contains 36% by weight of natural Xylitol - far more than any other toothpaste - to profoundly inhibit the growth of plaque. Plaque is an irritant that triggers canker sores.
- It can be used by people with canker sores and mouth ulcers because it doesn't cause further pain.
- It prevents tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath better than your regular toothpaste.
- It tastes great - you'll love using it. Other SLS-free toothpastes taste weird or don't foam at all.
- Canker sore sufferers benefit more from Squigle than from any other canker sore toothpaste.
Instructions for Patients with Canker SoresThese instructions are provided as a guide to patients who have been diagnosed by a physician or dentist. These Instructions have been created after hundreds of hours of discussions with patients and physicians. They are not meant to be rigid and unchanging. Of course, we hope they work for you.
This is crucial: Use SQUIGLE® Toothpaste exclusively. Patented SQUIGLE is free of SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) and other irritating ingredients such as cocamidopropyl betaine, tartar control agents, and bleaches. And it has a mild flavor to prevent irritation of delicate tissues.
- If you feel you need to use mouthwash, use 0.12% chlorhexidine gluconate (a prescription antimicrobial rinse) twice a day, as needed.
- Floss at least once a day, before you brush. Use unwaxed floss. If your teeth are closely spaced, use Glide® floss. If your ulcers are too painful to use floss, use an oral irrigator.
- If possible, gently brush your tongue, roof of mouth, and inside of cheeks with a soft bristled, small headed brush. This will further reduce the amount of irritating plaque in your mouth.
- No baking soda -- it only makes matters worse.
- No chewing gum, especially no cinnamon or spearmint. One exception (see below). Don't use candy or breath mints, especially cinnamon or spearmint.
- For terrible attacks, try oral cortisone (methyl prednisolone dose pack -- prescription required).
- A short course of oral tetracycline is OK. So is a short course of antifungal therapy or antiviral therapy.
- Take a multivitamin + multimineral daily, after a meal. (Solgar VM-75® is OK). In addition, take 500 mg to 1000 mg vitamin C daily. Get sufficient rest each night.
- Visit an allergist to get tested for food allergies and sensitivities. Then avoid any foods you are allergic to or sensitive to.
- If you get any painful canker sores, they can be treated by applying ORA5® mild cauterizing agent
- If you still persist in getting life-disrupting canker sores, and you do not use tobacco in any form, try chewing a nicotine gum such as Nicorette® (four 2 mg tablets per day -- this is equivalent to smoking one cigarette per day). [see: R. Bittoun, The Medical Journal of Australia, vol.154, page 471 (1991)]
sodium fluoride prevents cavities mineral ore natural XYLITOL prevents plaque birch trees purified water texture spring water silica polishes, cleans beach sand glycerin moistener vegetable oil poloxamer supermild detergent natural gas cellulose gum thickener, foamer trees peppermint flavor Menta piperita anatase safe color mineral ore Methocel® foamer, thickener trees glycyrrhizin flavor Glycyrrhiza glabra sodium hydroxide adjusts pH sea water
Harsh toothpaste ingredients may hurt your teeth and gums.
When you buy toothpaste, make sure it has:
NO Irritating ABRASIVES
NO Irritating FLAVORS
NO Irritating BLEACHES
NO Irritating TARTAR CONTROL AGENTS
NO Irritating DETERGENTS*
*Detergent irritancy may be due to: