between dental visits, Peridex is a prescription mouth rinse that
reduces the redness, swelling and bleeding of gums caused by gingivitis.
With a pleasant herbal mint taste, Peridex continues to work even
after rinsing because one third of its active ingredient — chlorhexidine
gluconate — binds to oral surfaces and is slowly released into oral
1st Prescription oral rinse to receive ADA Seal
of Acceptance for treatment of gingivitis
Time-released formula continues to work after
Reduces redness and swelling of gums
Helps control gum bleeding
Pleasant herbal mint taste ensures patient compliance
Frequently asked questions
A. CHG is a cationic bis-biguanide
- class of broad-spectrum antiseptics and is a salt of chlorhexidine
and gluconic acid.
Q. How does
A. Chlorhexidine is one
of the most effective antiplaque agents. It absorbs to the tooth
surface and inhibits bacterial colonization.
Q. When is
A. Peridex is indicated
for use between dental visits as part of a professional program
for treatment of gingivitis as characterized by redness, swelling
of the gingivae, including gingival bleeding upon probing.
Q. How is
A. Patients should rinse
with Peridex for 30 seconds after breakfast and before bedtime,
following brushing and flossing. Not intended for ingestion, expectorate
Q. Most common
A. Staining of teeth and
other oral surfaces. More pronounced in patients who have heavier
accumulation if un-removed plaque and usually associated with patients
with less than optimum oral hygiene.
A side effect, that may go away during treatment, is change
in taste. If it continues or is bothersome, check with your doctor
Q. Any Contraindications?
A. Peridex should not be
used by persons who are known to be hypersensitive to chlorhexidine
gluconate or other formula ingredients.
KEEP THIS MEDICINE
OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. FOR WOMEN: IT IS UNKNOWN IF THIS MEDICINE
IS EXCRETED in breast milk. IF YOU ARE OR WILL BE BREAST-FEEDING
while you are using this medicine, check with your doctor or pharmacist
to discuss the risks to your baby.
Do not administer
to children under twelve years of age. Keep this and all drugs out
of reach of children. Do not swallow. In case of accidental ingestion,
seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center